Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dear Student,
Thank you for your frantic phone call today. Thank you also for noting that you knew you were breaking protocol by calling me instead of your assigned advisor. Thank you also for just rambling on and on and on trying to re-explain a situation that your assigned advisor would already know.

I know it is difficult to get a hold of your advisor, but while you kept me on the phone for 14 minutes recounting your problems to me, I'm sure there were no students that are actually assigned to me that were then having similar difficulties getting in touch with me.

I also really appreciated that it was so urgent for you to talk to me and yet you would put me on hold or ask me to wait while you had a conversation with someone else. This is definitely an effective use of my time.


Thank you again for being respectful of my time and our policies. I appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment