Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Parents are fun too...

Dear Mr. Parent, 

I certainly enjoy my conversations with you. I enjoy the fact that I speak with you more often than I speak to your student. I also enjoy the conference call conversations that we have with your daughter where she cannot get a word in edgewise, despite how often I specifically address questions to her. 

I was particularly entertained that you call me when YOU are having a hard time registering your daughter for a specific class and you use the term "we" when speaking about the courses. As in, "so when we take this class it will fulfill this requirement..." and I cannot help but wonder how much of the class you are actually doing "for the sake of your daughter". 

I can only imagine how this kind of "help" is preparing your daughter to face life after college. 


Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment