Monday, August 10, 2009

Dear student,

Thank you for contacting me in this last week of classes. I completely understand your confusion with ending up short of where you thought you were with your credits. However, this is because you took the exact same class twice. 

Now I know how difficult it is to keep track of what classes you have already taken, and can certainly understand not recognizing material you have already seen - especially since you took the same class from the same instructor. But now that you are into the week of finals, I have to congratulate you on eventually recognizing the class. 

I also realize that this is, in fact, my fault. Of COURSE I told you to register for a class you have already taken. That is precisely why I wrote the class on your degree sheet and checked it off. It was because I wanted you to take the class, not indicate that you had already taken it.

In any case, this means that you have retaken the class. The good news is that we will take the most recent grade, giving you the opportunity to improve your GPA. The bad news is that you will have to take a NEW class to apply to your program.


Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment