Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dear Student,

Thank you for your phone call today. I know that you are completely outraged by the fact that we are not giving you credit for a class you are transferring here. I understand that outrage. Especially because the reason we are not giving you credit is that you have not yet given us the opportunity to evaluate that transfer credit. 

I know you turned in your transcripts on Friday and at the very least we should have been able to evaluate the credit and input it into the system in less than 1 working day. But I also recognize that you HAVE to be the ONLY one turning in transcripts right now. And we also had the weekend. It seems perfectly reasonable that you want to call and argue with me about not getting credit. 

It is also perfectly reasonable that the reason you want to argue with me is because you are worried about missing the graduation application deadline. Of course I've NEVER told you to have your transcripts sent here and I NEVER told you to do it before last semester. I like that you're in a pinch and it has nothing to do with your own procrastination. I take full responsibility. 

I have called the transfer office and they have put your transcripts at the front of the line so it should be evaluated by the end of today. After all, 24 hours is a reasonable request. And, of course, YOU are special. 

Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment