Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dear Students,
Thank you for your glowing ratings on my Student Ratings of Instructor. I love the fact that you appreciated all of the coursework I carefully planned for your education. "Busywork" was indeed what I was striving for in this class because I have nothing better to do than grade busywork. "Too much busywork, not enough actual learning" is definitely MY responsibility. I didn't actually give you assignments that were supposed to help you LEARN. 

I appreciate that, as you said: "I pay my tuition and I want my teachers to also work for there money" [sic]. I appreciate that you pointed out that I was obviously not working hard enough to give you the detailed feedback I provided. Had you merely wanted your assignments back with nothing but a grade I could have done that within minutes. 

I am sorry that you did not understand my humor when I'm SURE I was JOKING about the death in your family. While I don't remember you actually talking to me about your situation, I have never been one to work with a student who was dealing with issues like that. I enjoy being rude to students, as I am sure I was to you on this occasion. 

Also, I am sure I was rude to you about your assignments. Expecting you to turn them in ON TIME, especially when I gave you an extension, was definitely asking too much.

Thank you again students, for all of your work this past semester. It has never been such a pleasure to teach this class. 


Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment