Tuesday, April 30, 2013


Dear student,

Remember that class you didn't pass? And that class you went to the director to then withdraw from? Remember how I said you couldn't graduate without that class? And remember how you lied and told me the department chair said you could? Well guess what. YOU DID NOT GRADUATE. YOU CANNOT HAVE A PROOF OF DEGREE FROM ME.



I know this is shocking. I know this is something you may not of heard from me, my department chair, my dean, the director and the graduation office. Why would they tell you that you weren't graduating?

And remember how you begged me to make an exception because you've worked so hard?

Of course you should be so surprised to find out that life doesn't work that way. You should get a "B" for breathing. And because you didn't do the work to finish your degree, I should just make an exception and say that you finished your degree. Because you worked so gosh darn hard.

But according to you, you can say you have a degree. You can tell a potential employer you have a degree. Because saying it makes it true. Why would you need proof? And it is so unfortunate that now the employer is asking for proof. Because apparently just saying it isn't good enough.

Better luck next time.

Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment